26.2.12

Warhammer 40,000 - The Eyes Of The Emperor

So I found these on my computer the other day, I thought I'd post them up as I think they're still pretty cool. I don't paint miniatures anymore but I'm still quite fond of the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Space Marine was a cool game and I still play Dawn of War 2! 


I did these when I was at university when I was 19 or 20 (I'm 25 at the moment). I sold them on ebay, so I don't actually own them anymore, but I'm still pretty pleased with the photos I have of them. This was back in the day when I didn't understand about topcoats and decal setter and things like that. They're all just generic 'Citadel' style hand painting & highlighting with ink washes. 

I made the chapter up, they're called The Eyes Of The Emperor. The idea is that they're the Emperor's all seeing vision and unrelenting judgement. Or something like that. I thought the 'globe eye' chapter symbol fitted in pretty well with that. 

I numbered all the squads and each part of the army, ie. HQ, Elite, Fast Attack, Troops & Heavy Attack, all have different colour iris in their chapter symbol on the left shoulder pad. Yes, I am that sad!


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...