25.9.12

Heavy Armour Tank



Pretty happy with this on the whole - I may have tightened it up a bit too much but I was really pleased with the whole process and just how easy it was to paint. 

What I did was used an existing photo of a military armoured car, which I found on 3D Total's excellent free image library, and painted straight over it. It provided the initial shape and that first boost of inspiration that I needed to start drawing. It was also really helpful to pick the colours and light direction from this photo too. There are other photos I've taken myself mashed up in there, for example the internals under the main armour and the mechanics of the leg are all photos of engines and similar objects that I took at the Science Museum a while ago.

More on the way, now that I can't do any modelling...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...