I watched Chappie the other day and started doing a few droids. Pretty happy with the way my sketches are shaping up but I want to take this idea a bit further and get it away from looking like it's been ripped from the film. Anyway, below is a Mischief sketch and some sketchbook stuff. Mischief is a really cheap sketching program that has layers and brush styles, but also has no pixels and an infinite canvas. Great for just opening up and starting to sketch.
I finally got round to photographing this guy at the weekend. I wanted to do a base for it and make it look a bit more special but I've really lost interest in this kit. The whole thing has been a bit of a pain in the arse to be honest, and I came up against to many issues that I've not experienced on other builds. It's taken me so long, not because I'm slow, but because I just couldn't bring myself to keep working on it at one point! I was very happy with the way the scheme came out, except for the gold on the sword sheaths, I think that should have been grey maybe - there's too much gold on one side. But making the decision to make a lot of the frame parts dark grey instead of gold worked really well. I'm also pleased with the minor mods - I changed the the big sword to make it a bit simpler and with less parts hanging off it, the new backplate to hold the sword and the other hip sword holder for the two smaller swords. Also added some bulk to the rear skirt for proportioning.
Labels: 1/100 Astray