Well, here it is. The 1/100 MG Sazabi [Hades Pattern], my entry for Mecha 2012 over at the Mecha Lounge.
It almost didn't happen. I nearly gave up so many times when things just weren't going my way. One such instance about 5 weeks ago when I started painting - I used the wrong type of salt in the salt & hairspray technique and because I was in a rush I didn't test the salt on one piece first the entire paint job was completely covered in huge salty white splotches forcing me to strip the whole model and start again.
Also, when I say it almost didn't happen, I'm not kidding! I'm getting married ON THURSDAY! And whilst my wonderful wife to be is slaving away making decorations and doing everything wedding related, I'm sitting in the spare room frantically trying to finish my Mecha 2012 entry in time for the deadline. And what's more I've had nothing but her full support. She's the one who kicks me up the arse and tells me to get on with it every time I wanted to give up on the model. She even helped me strip all the paint off when it went wrong that time. I really couldn't have done this build without her!
As a result of the false start on the painting, the paint job you see here took me about 4 weeks. I've used salt & hairspray technique, pre shading, post shading, oil washes and all that rust is hand painted.
Anyway, enough of my gushing, here are the pictures - I hope you all like what I've done with this classic kit!