27.5.12

Mecha 2012 - 1/100 MG Sazabi Ver. Gav [Project Hades] WIP 4 (Ran out of primer...)

So these legs would be pretty much finished had I remembered to buy primer last week. It'l arrive at some point next week I imagine, so I suppose I'd better start detailing up the torso (the last part to do). Y'know, I may even finish this bugger before the deadline.




There's not a lot to say really, except what you see in the following photos is the result of a crap load of scratch building, modifying, panelling, panel lining, detailing and a whole load of sanding! I've been using Mr.Surfacer 500 to fill in gaps and things, it's very useful.





I shortened the ankles to get rid of all that dead space from where I removed that horrible peice of internal detail that really restricts the movement of the foot (if you have a MG Sazabi you'll know the bit). Subsequently, you can see those peices on the back of the front skirt and the bottom of the big butt.
I don't know if you can see from the following photo, but I used the original kit's front skirt to create those vents underneath the butt piece. I've really tried to use all the original pieces of the kit in this build.






Hannah decided to take some photos of me doing the panel lining - you can see some of the above pieces before I did the second coat of primer. Panel lining is extremely satisfying! I will be doing it on some future kits I think. If you can see, I use the Tamiya panel line scriber. Please excuse the state of my workspace!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...